Monday 29 October 2012

Leaning on the everlasting arms!

There are days where I feel like the weight of the World will suffocate me. Times when I find it so hard to do the simplest of things. Moments when I feel like I will never be happy again. And yet, at the same time, I feel terribly guilty. Guilty that someone who has been given so much, could appreciate so little. Ashamed that I struggle with the simplest of things, when others are going through  traumatic experiences and dealing with it with perfect childlike trust in God.

But oh...I am so thankful that God sees far beyond my sins and failures, to the person He is creating and shaping me to be! Hebrews 10:14 says, "because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. " This verse gives me so much hope! I have already been made perfect because of Christ, and yet here on earth He is still shaping and creating me into the person He wants me to be!

Yes, there are so many reasons to rejoice! In Christ I am more than a conqueror and nothing can ever separate me from His love. (Romans 8:37-39) I have full assurance that my precious Saviour does not change, but remains the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) I am secure in Him and know that He will keep me from harm and protect me. (Psalm 121) In Him, I have a refuge and a fortress from the storms of life. (Psalm 91:2)

Rather than God being disappointed with me for being depressed and ungrateful, He longs for me to come and find refuge in the only arms where I will find true rest. His call remains the same, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

 Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarm.
Leaning, leaning, on the everlasting arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment