Tuesday 20 November 2012

Fearless love

So... I've got a new song to share called "Look like Love"


And my favourite part :)

Look at me missing everything.
When we gonna stop?
When we gonna stop running, running?
Instead of doing nothing;
We gotta do something.

I wanna Look Like Love.
Be more than just enough.
For the hearts that are broken, coming undone.
It's up to you and me, to leave a legacy.
If we're all they ever see.
I wanna look like, look like love.

If I believe there's a Savior.
Is the proof in me?
Is He alive and breathing?
Is He what they'll remember?
Is He what they see?
When they look at me.

Sometimes I get so caught up in my own problems that I forgot there is a world out there filled with people who are dying physically, spiritually, and emotionally. People whose lives would be changed through little demonstrations of love as simple as a smile or a helping hand.  God has given women the precious gift of being able to love and touch people's hearts through the power of our words and actions. Yet, so often we use those words to tear ourselves and others down rather than building each other up.

Do we show and represent Christ to the world around us? I know I don't. When I think of how Jesus loved on earth... He had radical love!! The kind of love where He expected nothing in return. The kind of love which caused Him to suffer and die on the cross for those who nailed Him there... His love knew no limits... no rejection or pain could stop Him from reaching out and changing lives through his love. And then I think about me... I'm so busy protecting myself from getting hurt or rejected again that I miss all the little opportunities to make a difference.

I want to learn to love like the Master. To have fearless love... to leave the pain and rejection in His hands and spread love, joy, and hope to all those around me. To be His hands and His feet.To use my time on this earth to make a difference. I don't know how to start... but I'm praying the Master would teach me to love fearlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment