Tuesday 27 November 2012

A journey... not our home

I'm finding it so hard to concentrate on uni this morning! I've been listening to Christian music all morning and reading an awesome book from Spurgeon and I just want to continue in the things of God!!!

I am finding life to be an amazing journey at the moment. I have had a rough couple of years, but lately I have been able to see for the first time in a while that God has always been in control and so things are starting to make sense. And I am finding that the more I am overwhelmed and captivated by Christ and His amazing love, the less the momentary troubles or battles seem to matter. I have been reminded time and time again lately, that I am a stranger in this World. It is not my home. I am so thankful that God in His amazing grace isn't allowing me to get too comfortable where I am!!

I listened to a song today by Aaron Shust called, "We are free". I have posted the song and lyrics below as they mean a lot to me.

We are more than conquers, we don't have to be afraid
Nothing is as powerful, as His love
Oh the way He gave His Son, to give life to everyone
Not a thing can separate us, from His love
It's the life and the hope that He brings
His forgiveness that leads us to sing

We are free to love, like our God has loved
We are free to give like He gave, We are free from sin
We are free to begin to forgive, as he forgave
We are free

We are living evidence, He restores our innocence
Jesus stands in our defense all for love
It's the grace and the peace that He brings
His forgiveness that leads us to sing

We are free to love, like our God has loved
We are free to give like He gave, We are free from sin
We are free to begin to forgive, as He forgave
We are free, We are free


And now for a Spurgeon quote:

"When sin gets the master of you, when you feel that the law condemns you, then, even then, as a sinner, to trust Christ, this is the most daring feat in all the world. The faith which shook down the walls of Jericho, the faith which raised the dead, the faith which stopped the mouths of lions, was not greater than that of a poor sinner who dares to trust the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ when he is in the jaws of all his sins."

No comments:

Post a Comment