Monday 19 November 2012

Run the race...

I came across a song today that I used to love. It's called 'While I'm Waiting.'



My favourite bit :)

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm afraid I haven't been running the race lately- more like crawling along inch by inch. And I haven't been following, trusting, or waiting with patience. Seasons of pain are excruciating, but when on top of that you feel such an absence of God's strength or peace it becomes difficult to a whole new level. I don't feel strong enough to run the race... so I'm praying that God will come and carry me along. I can't make it without Him. I guess if I think about it none of us can... Maybe that's a small part of the reason for this season of pain. I need to let go of my need for control and the pride inside of me that tries to fix things on my own, and let Christ do all the running on my behalf. What can I say??? I'm weak and trembling, yet still clinging onto the Master. After all... what have we apart from Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment